My name is Melissa. I was born with my sun in Cancer and my moon in Aries. I am all water and fire. Intuition + Passion.
My work, I’ve discovered, is not reading cards, making art, or even writing for the sake of writing. My work is to make people understand that there is a purpose to their lives and that purpose is revealed through beautiful synchronicity.
Divination and journaling, writing, photography and collage, is how I integrate my perceptions with my experiences. Tarot especially, has been integral to understanding who, what, why and how I am in the world.
My writing on divination is confessional, as I seek to unravel and examine my own life through the lens of the Sibyl.
My teaching style is practical, irreverent, and A-Ha! inducing. I’m notoriously silly (I’ve earned the Sassy).
My intuitive consultations are probing (in the good way), purposeful and possibility-reaching. You might cry. You might laugh. I probably will, right along with you.
I love a good coincidence more than any other small pleasure. I also love my kids, art, romance novels, gardening, knitting, and dry red wines. My soulmate is a four-legged sausage dog named Lula. As any good witch should, I have a cat (but don’t get excited, we’re not close).
But I’m not all cards and crystal balls. I’m a single mom. A scrapper. A New Yorker with midwestern sensibility. I’m a feminist, activist and environmentalist. I like country music, tall boots and roller derby. I wear big earrings. Really big. Huge.
I’ve been formally trained in English literature, western medical herbalism and plant spirit medicine. I’m a RYT200 yoga teacher and Usui Reiki Master Practitioner. My specialties are Tarot and Lenormand cartomancy.
- I’ve self-published several oracle decks, including The Melissa Lenormand and the Postmark Lenormand.
- I’ve lead workshops at The Readers Studio in NYC, and at the Bay Area Tarot Symposium in SF.
- My writing on Lenormand has been featured in Tarosophy Magazine and I’ve written horoscopes for Wild Sister.
- My art has been featured in the Tarot Lover’s Calender .
- I’ve taught Lenormand and Tarot classes online.
- I’m easy to reach via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’d love to hear from you if you have questions about a consultation, my blog, my books, my classes, or are interested in a collaboration.
I am happy to review books and decks on my blog. It’s best to email me first, as I’m beholden to write honest reviews. For the purposes of my blog, solicited reviews are noted. Links to amazon.com are affiliate links (meaning I receive a small amount if you choose to purchase the item I’ve linked). It’s my policy to not endorse decks, books, classes or products I do not use or love otherwise.